- Communication Line
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Special Education & Pupil Services
To support and enable instructional opportunities that engage students at all levels to achieve at their highest potential ensuring success in both academics and in life after graduation; resulting in a district where students want to learn, teachers want to teach, and parents want to send their children.
The committee seeks to add value to the UPSD learning community by:
● Seeing that reliable research and district data drives decision making;
● Review and evaluate the scope and sequence of the curriculum during the curriculum cycle to ensure it meets
the needs of all learners, is standards aligned and has high quality assessments;
● Support professional development of all staff;
● Solicit feedback, with administrative support, from the community about the educational programming
within the district;
● Present committee recommendations to the full school board
● The ultimate goal is adding value to every student
● Decision making must be holistic- grounded in both data and student needs
● Quality professional development is necessary to engage staff and enhance their practice
● A well-aligned, differentiated curriculum is necessary to both facilitate and accelerate learning
Dr. Kerry Drake - Chairperson
To recognize and support the educational values inherent in student participation in extra-curricular activities and support the concept of student organizations for such purposes as building social relationships, developing interests in a specific area, and gaining an understanding of the elements and responsibilities of good citizenship. Furthermore, to recognize the value of extra-curricular activities as an integral part of the total school experience for all District students as they provide a conduit for community involvement.
• Champion, support and celebrate the extraordinary efforts of students participating in extracurricular activities.
• Bring awareness to the extracurricular activities that are available to students in the school district.
• Support and ensure fairness in the opportunities available to all students in the school district with regard to gender, race or economic standing.
• Meetings will be held the third Thursday of the month except July, August and December.
• Meetings will begin at 6:00 pm.
Peg Pennepacker - Chairperson
To provide the board with an accurate description of the condition of all the district facilities and to recommend items and projects that will keep the facilities in optimum condition while maintaining fiscal responsibility to the taxpayers and ensuring a safe, secure learning environment for the staff and students.
Melanie Cunningham - Chairperson
The Finance Committee is an advisory committee who are devoting the extra time and effort to understand the finances of the district in order to assist and guide the Board on financial decisions which affect the short and long term financial health of the district.
Melanie Cunningham - Chairperson
Policies exist to serve the needs of the district and to serve the district’s need to comply with various regulatory demands. Policies are designed to influence the activities that take place within the boundaries set by them. The policy committee performs a comprehensive review of policies and administrative regulations to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations with input from stakeholders. In other words, the point of view held by the board of school directors is translated into steps that result in an outcome compatible with that view.
- Review any/all policies and administrative regulations
- Create and/or review any policies recommended by the solicitor based on current events
- Retire any policies in place that are no longer needed
- Policy committee Meetings will be limited to 2 hours on the fourth Monday of the month except July, August and December
- Whatever is not completed will be added to the next meeting
- Policies will be provided to the committee a week prior to the meeting to allow time for review
Raeann Hofkin - Chairperson
Improve the district Special Education and Pupil Services programs by:
- Encouraging open and honest communication across all levels in the district
- Encouraging a climate of collaboration among all stakeholders
- Understanding and adhering to state and federal mandates
- Supporting increased parent training and school district staff professional development.
- Provide meaningful recommendations to the school board for changes that enable improvement.
Enable all students, regardless of barriers or differing abilities, to achieve their full academic potential and prepare them for a successful transition into the community, a career, or college.
Judy Maginnis - Chair
Dr. Kerry Drake
Interested in reviewing what the Board has been up to recently? The 2019-2020 Year-In-Review presentation provides a nice summary of committee work and accomplishments over the course of the most recent year.
- WESTERN MONTGOMERY CAREER AND TECHNICAL CENTER
- MCIU REPRESENTATIVE
- LEGISLATIVE LIAISON (PSBA & MCIU)
- REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION REPRESENTATIVE