What is Skyward Family Access?
Skyward's Family Access is a web-based information and communication center designed to provide parents and guardians with the answer to "What did you do at school today?"
What are the benefits of using Skyward?
- It is available anytime, from anywhere via a secure web connection.
- Skyward keeps teachers and administration in touch with parents, and parents in touch with students' daily work. Families with more than one student also have easy access to all of their students' information in one site.
- Message Center - Teachers and administrators can post information to inform parents about their child, school and upcoming classroom events.
- Parents can directly respond to teacher messages via either the Message Center or email.
- Parents can setup Skylert options. Skylert is the district's automated notification system that provides emergency alerts, attendance notifications and other informational alerts via phone call, e-mail, and SMS (text message). Parents/guardians have a great deal of control over how to receive these messages.
What can parents see?
Parents and guardians have the ability to see a wide range of information, including grades, daily assignments, attendance, class schedules, bus information, the Message Center, etc.
How do you get access to Skyward?
In order for you to start using Skyward Family Access, you will need a login and password. The login and password will automatically be created when your child has been entered into Skyward. The administrative assistants in the school buildings can assist you with getting this information. (Non-Public Student guardians can contact Sharon Shipe at the Ed Center at email@example.com to obtain your login)
How do you get to the Family Access Login Screen?
- Go to the district website (http://www.upsd.org), look for the words "Parent Portal" at the top of the homepage.
- Click this link directly: Skyward Family/Student Access
How do I check my child's assignments and grades?
The gradebook can be found along the left side of the screen. If you have more than one child you will need to select which child's gradebook you first want to look at. Missing assignments will display at the top of the screen. Courses are listed along the left side and the marking periods are listed in a column format. By clicking on the grade mark being displayed another screen will pop-up with details on how that grade has been calculated. Each of the individual assignments and quizzes/tests to make up that grade will be displayed.
How do I check my child's attendance?
Attendance can be found along the left side of the screen. HS parents will see period by period attendance. All other parents will see daily attendance displayed.
How do I check my child's bus information?
Bus information can be found in the student info area along the left side of the screen. By clicking on view bus schedule another screen will pop-up with the assigned bus # being displayed for the am and the pm stops. To see the actual location of the am bus stop click on view pickup bus stops. To see the actual location of the pm bus stop click on view drop off bus stops.
How do I check my child's report card?
Report cards can be found in the portfolio area along the left side of the screen. Click on the appropriate year and grading period and your child's report card will be generated.