In January 2019, Pennsylvania launched the Safe2Say Something (S2SS) anonymous reporting system. This program, which is mandated under PA state law / Act 44, encourages individuals to say something to a trusted adult OR use the S2SS anonymous reporting system if they have a concern. Specifically, the program educates participants to:
- Take every warning sign and signal seriously; act quickly to get help by talking to a trusted adult OR
- Report it anonymously through the S2SS Office of the Attorney General 24/7 Crisis Center, mobile app, or website
- Respond to and manage the submitted tip via a school-based multi-disciplinary educator and administrator teams
Upper Perk students in grades 5-12 received training from administrators on the Safe2Say Something reporting system in February 2019. We encourage parents to discuss the Safe2Say Something program with their children.
Our students often are aware of the problems their peers are facing, so we must empower them to know the danger signs and give them the tools to help each other with the assistance of trained and caring adults.
We hope that S2SS will help stop school shootings, suicides and gun threats; it will help reduce bullying and cyberbullying; and help intervene upon violent and victimization acts.
We have been fortunate to have wonderful school safety partners in the greater Upper Perk area—such as state and local law enforcement, county-wide agencies and others—as we foster a safe, positive community in our school district. S2SS is just one example of many organizations coming together around a program that will benefit our students, and by extension, our entire community.
More About S2SS:
Find out more about S2SS by watching our student video below.
You can also check out the following slideshow.
How to Submit a Tip:
There are three tip submission options
- Download app from Apple / Android app store – search for “Safe2Say Something PA”
- Once downloaded, open the app – it will prompt you to input a 4-digit password – this is any 4-digits you wish. It’s a simple lock feature so no one can access your / a tipster’s tips.
- The app will then prompt you to input the school you will associate yourself to (this is literally a school in your school system / district you work at).
- To find a school in your school system / district, spell the name of your school or town it is located in, and locations will be listed.
- Once your location appears, select it. It will now be permanently selected for all practice tips you submit.
Go to www.safe2sayPA.org and select “submit a tip”
24/7 Safe2Say Crisis Hotline:
Call 1-844-SAF2SAY OR 1-844-723-2729