College Application Process for UPHS Seniors
- In September, complete a paper PARENTAL TRANSCRIPT RELEASE CONSENT form and turn in to the Guidance Office (only once in senior year). The consent form is available in the Guidance Office or in Naviance Family Connection⇒home page⇒document library.
- NAVIANCE FAMILY CONNECTION
In order to process your transcript/recommendation requests, you will need to use your Family Connection page which can be found on UPHS website. Contact the guidance office if you are not registered, or forgot your login information.
Add your colleges to Naviance Family Connection:
- Under the "College" tab, select "colleges I'm applying to"
- Next, select "+add to this list"
- Choose your colleges via "lookup"
- Scroll down and click "add colleges"
- In order to request transcripts, check the box(es) for the appropriate colleges under “colleges I’m applying to” and then click on “request transcripts” at bottom of page.
3. College applications can be found on the admissions page of the college website or via the Common Application at www.commonapp.org.
For Common Applications: If you applied using the Common Application, you will need to complete the FERPA Waiver within your Common Application
- log into Common App account at www.commonapp.org.
- From Common App account click My Colleges.
- Click Recommenders and FERPA.
- Click Release Authorization or Show Details depending on your screen.
- Check the box that you have read and understood the FERPA Release Authorization explanation above.
- Click Continue.
- Complete and sign the FERPA agreement then click Save.
After completing this task in Common Application, you then must match your account in Naviance Family Connection in “Colleges I’m Applying To” page⇛”Common App Account Matching”.
--Supplements-Note that some colleges will require supplemental forms.
--Your counselor will complete the Secondary School Report form online.
4. Request Counselor/Teacher Letters of Recommendation (if needed by college)
Counselors and teachers will submit any recommendation forms/letters online.
- Complete SENIOR BRAG SHEET – Naviance Family Connection – under “About Me” on left side.
- Meet with your teacher(s) and/or counselor and ask if he/she would write you a letter of recommendation. Do not email a request.
- If he/she agrees, hand the teacher a LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION REQUEST.
- In Naviance, add teacher’s name(s) under “Colleges I’m applying to”⇒“Teacher Recommendations”. Click “update requests” at bottom of page.
5. Important! You must hand in a paper APPLICATION SUBMISSION FORM to the Guidance Office for every college that you apply to.
- This form is available in the Guidance Office or in Naviance Family Connection⇒home page⇒document library.
- The Guidance Office needs 12 school days to process a college application during the school year. Be aware of holidays especially if you are trying to meet a Dec. 1 or Jan. 1 deadline. Do not wait until the last minute!
6. Send SAT/ACT scores (Student must submit via testing agency website)
7. Register with NCAA Clearinghouse (for athletes applying to D1 or D2 schools) at www.ncaa.org
8. At any time, please do not hesitate to ask questions!
Meet with Mrs. Angela Traub (A-G), Mr. John Gunning (H-N), or Ms. Leanne LeGendre (O-Z). We look forward to helping you with this process. Quick question? Email us through Naviance-home page-“contact us” on right side. Check Naviance Family Connection regularly for updates.