Great Kindness Challenge 2022
January 24 – 28, 2022
Empowering students to create a culture of kindness!
The Upper Perkiomen School District will again recognize the Great Kindness Challenge (GKC) in 2022. The GKC aims to empower students, parents, families, teachers, staff and the school community to create a culture of kindness.
In our schools, various activities are planned, including spirit days, hallway displays, announcements about kindness, kindness bingo, kindness reading activities and more. Look for more information from principals.
You can download our printable 2022 GKC sign (PDF or JPEG), and submit photos with the sign, or photos related to kindness activities, to communication specialist Nikki Gum at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to use the #KeepingUPKindness hashtag on your own social media posts as well.
SPREADING KINDNESS RESPONSIBLY:
We understand that many of the ways we spread kindness during pre-COVID times, are not as responsible to pursue during a global pandemic. As such, we wanted to share some ideas about how to spread kindness responsibly. We encourage our UP community to consider these kindness activities all year, not just during the GKC:
- Complete random acts of kindness: Pay for a stranger's coffee, drop off a treat on a neighbor's porch, the sky is the limit!
- Pretty-up your neighborhood: Bundle up, go on a walk and pick up any trash you come across.
- Spread artistic positivity: Hang a sign with kind words in your window, spread love through sidewalk chalk art or create a kindness display in your yard!
- Connect with a loved one: Haven't talked to a loved one in a while? Give them a call! Write a letter to a friend, send a card to a family member or friend, reconnect with someone you've lost touch with, or tell a teacher, coach or mentor what a difference they've made in your life...just bring a smile to someone's face!
- Volunteer: The last two years have been tough for many community organizations, and many of our neighbors. Reach out and see if you can help out those less fortunate in some way.