Class of 2020 By the Numbers
In his graduation address every year, Dr. Carpenter, principal of UPHS, provides a snapshot of the graduating class, and this year is no exception. His remarks during this year’s graduation video include much of the same information, but you can also check out an overview of the Class of 2020 below.
In this year’s graduation class of 247 students:
- 70 senior students attended Western Montgomery Career and Technology Center. Out of 70 students, 36 received a Certificate of Completion and 32 received a Certificate of Participation. 26 awards were given to 20 students.
- 44 UPHS students received 56 local awards at the Senior Awards Ceremony. The total amount of award money was $51,768.00.
- 4.8% of students will be entering military service, as indicated by the red, white and blue cords during graduation.
- 15.4% of students will be entering the work force.
- 16.2% of students are enrolled in a two year associate degree and/or technical program.
- 54% of students are enrolled in 4, 5 or 6 year baccalaureate or master degree programs.
In summary, 73% of the class will be continuing their education beyond high school.