Child Care Transportation
Child Care Transportation Guidelines
The district shall transport students in grades K-5 who are picked up or dropped off at a destination other than their home on a daily basis for the purpose of child care. Transportation will not be provided for any day care facility located within a walking boundary or outside of the district. The parent(s) of students in child care must submit a written request to the Upper Perkiomen School District Education Center each year for review and approval.
The following conditions must also be met:
- For each school year, the Child Care request Form with parent signature must be submitted by the August 1st
- Such students must board or disembark at an existing stop on the regularly scheduled bus route
- There must be space available on the bus
- Requests will be granted on a first come, first served basis
- The request must be for a minimum of two months
- A request to ride an alternative bus, for a temporary situation, will not be issued
- Such students may not continue to ride the bus if other students, eligible for transportation under the foregoing provisions, are assigned to the bus causing the bus to reach its rated capacity.
- No more than 3 requests per student for change in location to accommodate a modification of child-care arrangements may be sought during a school term. Split schedule requests will only be accommodated once per school term.
- Services will only be provided within the boundary of the Elementary School, in which the student resides.
Changes could take up to two weeks to be implemented.
You will be notified by the Transportation Department with the effective date.