Student Interns & Student Teachers
Thank you for your interest in student teaching/interning with Upper Perkiomen School District! Please follow the steps below to start the internship approval and placement process.
Student Teacher/Internship Procedures
- College/University/Student contacts Human Resources Director to inquire about a placement and completes the Student Teacher/Internship Request Form (see below under the “Student Teacher/Internship Required Paperwork” section)
- Completed request forms must be submitted to the Human Resources Department by July 1 for a fall semester placement and November 1 for a spring semester placement.
- Pre-arrangements and guarantees for specific teachers, classrooms, or schools should NOT be made prior to completion of the forms. Student teachers/interns must be willing to work in any school/classroom that is available for student teachers/interns and flexibility of location/classroom to balance out the student teachers/interns across the district.
- The building principal reviews the request and selects a teacher mentor, if approved.
- Student coordinates with college or university and UPSD Human Resources to confirm placement and submit required documents such as: clearances and TB Test Results.
- UPSD Human Resources reviews and approves credentials.
- College/University confirms placement dates with UPSD Human Resources.
- UPSD Human Resources notifies the building principal, teacher mentor, and student of final placement.
Requests for placement will be taken on a first come, first served basis. There may be limits placed on the number of placements per grade level and building to maintain consistency in programming.
These procedures apply to all Pre-Service, Student Teaching, Internships, and Clinical Assignments within the Upper Perkiomen School District. Any questions regarding the above listed procedures may be directed to Georgiann Fisher, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Teacher/Internship Required Paperwork
- Student Teacher/Internship Request Form
- Clearances (Employment Clearances REQUIRED; we cannot accept volunteer clearances)
- PA Child Abuse clearance
- PA State Criminal clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting clearance
- Act 24 Form
- TB test (Must be completed within three months of first day of placement with UPSD)