2020-21 Grab & Go Meals Program
The UPSD Food Services Department is pleased to offer a Grab and Go Meals Program during the 2020-21 school year’s virtual learning.
Please read on for more details about the 2020-21 Grab and Go Meals Program.
- Due to some guidelines released by USDA in early September, we will NOT need to charge families for meals. Any UPSD student may sign up for, and receive, Grab and Go Meals at NO COST.
- Families must sign up in advance of the distribution events (via the form below)
- Families must sign up by 10 a.m. the day of pickup
- Families may only sign up for one week at a time
- Sign up form will be updated for the week ahead every Friday morning
- This year, we are implementing a new policy for no-shows.
- If you sign up for meals and then find that you are unable to make the pickup time, please contact Food Services Director Paula Germinario (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
- Preparing meals for families who do not show up is a waste of food and resources
- No-shows may negatively affect the district's ability to continue this program
- Families will get two opportunities to miss a pickup for meals they have signed up for. After two no-shows, food services staff will not assemble your bags until you arrive at pickup, therefore resulting in a wait to receive your food.
- This will be necessary to ensure food is not wasted.
- Distribution to take place at the back of the 4th & 5th Grade Center
- Distribution events on Mondays & Thursdays from 5-7 p.m.
- Monday bag includes: breakfast & lunch for Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Thursday bag includes: breakfast & lunch for Friday & Monday
- Families must get all of the meals offered at a distribution event, as bags are pre-made
- Anyone (a parent, grandparent, neighbor, etc) can come pick up the meals on the student’s behalf.
- All meals distributed through the Grab & Go Meals Program will meet or exceed the guidelines for the National School Breakfast/Lunch Program, and will contain all components (Ex: lunches contain a protein, a fruit, a vegetable, a grain and a milk).
- Examples of meals include:
- Breakfast: Cereals, bagels, breakfast bars
- Lunch: Pizza, popcorn chicken, PB&J sandwich, meatloaf, baked chicken, Salisbury steak
- There will be a mix of cold and warm entrees; all warm entrees can be easily reheated using a microwave, oven or stove.
- Examples of meals include:
- Starting in Week #2 or #3, a la carte snack bags will also be offered at pick up events, for a small fee
- If you choose to purchase a snack bag, it will be charged to your SchoolCafe account.
- Families with questions about the Grab and Go Meals Program, or those who wish to discuss dietary restrictions, may contact Food Services Director Ms. Paula Germinario at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As always, Upper Perk families in need of food assistance beyond the meals provided by the district may contact The Open Link.
- 452 Penn Street Pennsburg, PA 18073
- 215-679-4112, email@example.com