2020-21 Grab & Go Meals Program
**Orders are now closed for the final pickup of the 2021-21 School Year on Monday, June 7.**
The UPSD Food Services Department is pleased to offer a Grab and Go Meals Program during the 2020-21 school year’s virtual and hybrid learning.
Beginning on April 6, 2021, when we begin our four days per week in-person schedule, the Grab & Go Meals Program will continue to have a single pickup per week, as during the hybrid model. This pickup will typically occur on Monday evenings from 5-7pm at the back of the 4th & 5th GC, unless there is a holiday or school closure.
Please read on for more details about the 2020-21 Grab and Go Meals Program.
- Due to some guidelines released by USDA, we will NOT need to charge families for any meals this school year, whether in-person or via Grab & Go. Any UPSD student (or any school-aged child residing in the district) may receive meals at NO COST.
- Families must sign up in advance of the distribution events (via the form below)
- Families must sign up by 10 a.m. the day of pickup
- Families may only sign up for one week at a time
- Sign up form will be updated for the week ahead on the day of that week's pickup.
- If you sign up for meals and then find that you are unable to make the pickup time, please contact Food Services Director Paula Germinario (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
- Distribution to take place at the back of the 4th & 5th Grade Center
- Distribution events take place on Mondays from 5-7 p.m. unless otherwise noted due to a holiday/school closure
- There are three options to choose on the form:
- In-person students - those attending buildings four days per week will receive four of their lunches in the building, so these bags include 1 lunch and 5 breakfasts.
- Full Virtual students - those continuing in a virtual model will receive all five days of breakfasts and lunches in one bag
- Non-UPSD students - this option is for students that live in the district, but do not attend UPSD either in-person or virtually. This program is open to all school-aged students who reside within district boundaries.
- All pickups include 5 days of breakfast items, as breakfast will NOT be offered in the buildings
- Basic/preliminary menus for in-person lunches can be found on the Food Service webpage.
- Families must get all of the meals offered at a distribution event, as bags are pre-made
- Anyone (a parent, grandparent, neighbor, etc) can come pick up the meals on the student’s behalf.
- All meals distributed through the Grab & Go Meals Program will meet or exceed the guidelines for the National School Breakfast/Lunch Program, and will contain all components (Ex: lunches contain a protein, a fruit, a vegetable, a grain and a milk).
- Examples of meals include:
- Breakfast: Cereals, bagels, breakfast bars
- Lunch: Pizza, popcorn chicken, PB&J sandwich, meatloaf, baked chicken, Salisbury steak
- Examples of meals include:
There is typically a mix of cold and warm entrees in our meal bags. All warm entrees can be easily reheated using a microwave, oven or stove. Reheating instructions for some of our regular warm items may be found here (updated 11/19/20).
Making the Most of School Meals
To find out more about how to make the most out of the food provided in the Grab & Go Meals bags, check out this article.
- Families with questions about the Grab and Go Meals Program, or those who wish to discuss dietary restrictions, may contact Food Services Director Ms. Paula Germinario at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As always, Upper Perk families in need of food assistance beyond the meals provided by the district may contact The Open Link.
- 452 Penn Street Pennsburg, PA 18073
- 215-679-4112, email@example.com