In recognition that Upper Perkiomen High School alumni can serve as worthy role models to students of all ages, this select group establishes intrinsic academic expectations and standards of excellence. Because of this, the District recommends that we identify graduates who have experienced educational and professional success.
As a result, the Academic Hall of Fame was begun in 1995 to honor those Upper Perkiomen graduates who have excelled in their chosen professional fields. Since that time 46 alumni have been inducted. The Upper Perkiomen Academic Hall of Fame is located in the Upper Perkiomen High School auditorium lobby. Plaques honoring all graduates are displayed for public view.
The charge of the Academic Hall of Fame Selection Committee is to honor alumni who have gone on to experience personal success with their life endeavors. To qualify for recognition, nominees should meet the following criteria:
- The nominee must have attended the Upper Perkiomen High School and graduated in the top 10% of their class.
- The nominee must be 35 years of age or older.
- The nominee must be a graduate of a four (4) year college program while maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- The nominee must have completed an advanced degree program or have received meritorious commendations for unique contributions to their vocation.
- The nominee has achieved the highest honors and/or international recognition for their accomplishments in their career.
- The accomplishment is so unique, special, and distinctive that any of the five previously mentioned criteria may be waived.
The applicants are recommended to The Academic Hall of Fame Selection Committee, which includes the superintendent; high school principal; two representatives appointed by the superintendent; two school board members appointed by the board president; two teachers appointed by school principals, president of the National Honor Society and three community members which are representative of at least one civic organization.
The candidates approved by the Selection Committee must complete the Academic Hall of Fame application before final validation and acceptance is granted by the Committee. A successful candidate will need nine affirmative votes.
Academic Hall of Fame inductees are announced tri-annually at a Board meeting and are honored at an Academic Hall of Fame dinner.
Our next nomination period will end October 31, 2019. The Academic Hall of Fame dinner will be in 2020.
You may download the nomination form or forms may also be picked up and dropped off or mailed to the Superintendent’s Office, Upper Perkiomen School District Education Center, 2229 East Buck Road, Pennsburg, PA. 18073. For further information or questions, please call 215-541-2459. All application materials must be submitted in order for consideration.
Please see this link for names of current Academic Hall of Fame Members.