The course selection process is extremely important and plays a vital role in preparing students for their post-secondary endeavors. Course selection involves careful thought and planning and this process is a collaborative effort between counselors, teachers, students and parents. Parent conferences are also very helpful and welcomed by counselors. Call 215.679.5935, 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. for appointments during the school year or by email. The High School Guidance Counselors are:
- John Gunning
- Leanne LeGendre
- Kimberly Kelly
- Angela Traub
Upper Perkiomen High School takes pride in a wide variety of academic and special area offerings. Students can pursue college preparatory along with highly rigorous honors and advanced placement courses in addition to exploring and experiencing many courses in the arts and technology application areas. Students are encouraged to take full advantage of these options. Throughout the course selection and scheduling process, please carefully read the course descriptions and expectations associated with each course. Working with your counselor, make sure the courses you select are in line with your academic plan. Choosing the right courses is one of the most significant tasks a student completes each year. Courses should be selected with these questions in mind:
- Will this course allow me to meet graduation requirements?
- Will this course help me to meet college entrance requirements?
- Will this course help me develop a skill to become employable after high school?
- Will this course introduce me to a new subject or experience?
- Is this course appropriate for my ability? Will it be a challenge?
- Do I have the prerequisite for this course?